- Evaluation of market leading monitoring solutions with best fit for IPS scope.
- Overseeing the whole architecture of chosen best-of-bread monitoring components.
- Installation, operation, management of various monitoring solutions and alerting infrastructure.
- Improve the automation of the monitoring service and the associated operation processes.
- Concept creation/definition and further development of monitoring solutions based on Linux, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker, databases and web servers in a hybrid environment considering requirements of IPS operational excellence, solution scalability, customer requirements and costs.
- Taking care of seamless integration within the monitoring area as well as into the overall tool landscape for operations.
- Issuing specifications for development, checking feasibility or implementation of technical solutions.
- Independent installation, configuration and maintenance of monitoring components and monitoring solutions using Nagios (or Naemon, Icinga ...), OMD (Open Monitoring Distribution), Prometheus, Time Series Databases (e.g. InfluxDB, Victoriametrics). Operation and further development of the End2End monitoring solution Sakuli.
- Testing of the solutions to be implemented for functional set-up (if necessary, conducting a pilot and evaluating this test operation). Develop alternative scenarios and system concepts. Transfer the IT solution into operation or support the introduction.
- Ensuring and guaranteeing ongoing operation (incl. 24-hour on-call service). In doing so, performing remote diagnostics, e.g. in the context of events, troubleshooting, if necessary forwarding to other support groups or their manufacturers.
- Collaboration / coordination with the provider and developers of the monitoring solutions as well as with the data center support groups and customers during integration tests, communication of requirements, initiation of appropriate measures to resolve existing problems.
- Creation of training concepts, training documents for training of colleagues from the support groups and customers / application managers on the use of the monitoring systems.
- Independently review and expand personal competencies related to current and potential future workplace requirements.
- Master’s/Bachelor degree in IT or comparable education with many years of professional experience + further training.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in administration and further development of monitoring solutions of Nagios (or Naemon, Icinga ...), OMD (Open Monitoring Distribution), Prometheus.
- At least 2-3 years experience in administration and operation of servers (Windows /Linux),databases, network know-how.
- In-depth knowledge in:
- Operating systems → SUSE Linux SLES 12-15 / RedHat Linux 7-8 / Windows
- Databases → Time Series Databases (z.B. InfluxDB, Victoriametrics), Oracle, SQL
- Web technologies → Apache, REST, HTML, JSON
- Advanced programming skills in Bash, Powershell, Perl, Phyton, Java-Script, Ansible.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication in English.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time