Siemens Industry is looking for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor (3:00 - 11:00) for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 700 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order circuit breakers. The Production Supervisor is the key driver of all daily production related processes and the hub of information transfer between the hourly assembly workforce and Management, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Planning. This person will have 20-30 direct reports.
**This person MUST be flexible with the ability to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd Shift as needed to cover other supervisors when they go on PTO, out of town meetings, etc.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase
- Adhere to production schedule by establishing priorities, assigning personnel to work areas, monitoring
progress, making personnel/priority adjustments, resolving line constraint problems, and reporting
results through shift production summaries
- Plan, oversee and document training of personnel
- Conduct annual employee performance reviews
- Work closely with purchasing, planning and warehouse teams to ensure material availability and
- Maintain working relationship with local union by following the collective bargaining agreement
- Liaison between Manufacturing and Engineering
- Support performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Drive continuous improvement projects
- Support digitalization efforts to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays,
Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected tools
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. 2+ years of successful experience in an Assembly/Manufacturing or related field in a supervisor role.
2. Mechanical Aptitude with experience using hand tools
3. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and Lean Manufacturing techniques
4. Project Management Experience
5. Proficiency in data collection and analysis.
6. Able to interpret or learn to interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
7. Strong leadership and time management experience.
8. Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction,
motivation, talent development and performance management.
9. Experience collaborating and team building with different internal organizations and locations.
10. Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
11. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
12. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.