Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire a Quality Manager, based in our Sydney office.
This is your role. What part will you play?
Reporting into the Project Director, you will be responsible to define the Quality Strategy and System applicable for the Project, in line with Siemens rules and regulations, as well as with ISO standards and according to the Contract requirements, and to the Consortium Policy. You will also be accountable for proper application of PM@Siemens inside the Project team and establish the defined Quality Management system tailored/aligned to the project-specific requirements.
The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Define and implement QM strategy and systems for the overall project taking into account the Consortium Policy and the Contract requirements.
- Establish and monitor quality plan e.g., acc. ISO 10005 / 10006, define quality targets based on project critical factors and define methods/tools based on HQ standards. All proceedings with the application of methods / tools should be clearly defined with reference to standard processes of related business(es) and their interfaces of HQ to required on-site proceedings.
- Report quality status, quality incidents and root-cause-analysis to Project Director, Business Unit (BU) and/or regional QM and other defined parties, jointly with the PD team, based on determined KPIs, key figures and specified characteristics.
- Ensure execution of quality plan and quality gate process through active involvement in readiness checks and participation in quality gate meetings.
- Plan and ensure the required quality level of the project-specific supply chain (internal & external) with the focus on specifications and interface definitions.
- Plan and conduct project audits, assessments, reviews and participate in status meetings. Ensure implementation of (improvement) measures.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Proven experience large infrastructure projects, preferably in the rail industry in the field of Quality Management.
- Practical knowledge of ISO standards 9001, 14001 and 45001 is highly appreciated
- Advise and/or conduct quality-related methodology/tools (Risk management, identify and conduct relevant lessons learned, Quality Gates, NC management, root cause analyses, etc.)
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
We have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time