Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one best places to work in the UK! Siemens Mobility – Rail Infrastructure.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Installation and Commissioning (I&C) Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure CIS business in Ashby. Working across multiple UK wide sites, the Lead I&C Engineer will represent the Construction Team within a project and lead the telecoms construction team activities, ensuring delivery to program and budget and ensuring Zero Harm approach throughout.
Working within the project team to ensure the timely delivery of installations works completed to the required standards and adhering to the NR Rule Book, Siemens methodologies, processes and procedures.
This is your role
- Lead teams on site-based activities, ensuring that works are implemented as per plan and reported on in a timely and efficient manner
- Lead I&C has a responsibility for ensuring all works on site are carried out safely and that all team members comply with the requirements of the project, adhering to site rules detailed in the QEHS documentation, inductions & briefings.
- Ensure the timely briefing of installation methodologies, Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheet and associated generic methodologies.
- Ensure site construction documentation is present, adequately covers the works being undertaken and is current.
- Promote a right first-time approach to all works.
- Supply detailed progress reports to the Site Manager along with the timely reporting of any incidents in line with company and project processes.
- Monitor and ensure a good appreciation of material requirement against project program.
- Ensure no deviations from designs are implemented prior to approval from the correct authority utilising the RFI process.
Qualifications and experience required for this role
- Extensive knowledge of all Telecoms Construction & Test works including Transmission, copper & fibre within the Rail industry
- Must hold current Rail Sentinel Competencies, including PTS, Safe Work Leader and COSS
- Suitable technical operation telecoms skills
- Good leadership, motivational, and inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of task, time, and people management
- Full driving license
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1 #INSMO
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time