Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
- Perform installation, service and verification activities on Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion Security systems for large installations.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, and specifications.
- Complete final Commissioning reports for submittal to customers and carry out system acceptance tests with AHJ’s and other interested parties (i.e Maglock Inspections).
- Maintains up to date knowledge of various product lines.
- Manage and coordinate sub-contractor installation as required.
- Identify and sell basic product enhancements to customers.
- Participate in job site final walk on assigned jobs and/or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Complete As Built drawings on the completion of the job when required.
- Conduct training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Deliver technical support, coaching and direction to end users and junior technicians as required.
- Assist in developing employee training programs for employees and customers.
- Present a professional image of Siemens when communicating with customers at all times.
- Establish a good working relationship with all customers and adhere to the company dress code.
- Complete and submit timesheets, expenses and other necessary information on a weekly basis.
- Participate in travel throughout the District business area when required.
- Must participate in the after-hours on-call service support team.
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the Electronic Security Systems industry
- Completion of a college diploma in Electronics or Computer Networking
- Demonstrated ability to Install program and Troubleshoot large Scale IP Based Access Control and CCTV Systems. (C-Cure, Genetec, Keyscan, Milestone, DVTel, DSC)
- Good Working Knowledge of Networking (IP Addresses, Subnets, Multicast audio/video)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service focus
- Proficient in the use of computers including Windows operating systems and MS Office applications, specifically MS Word and MS Excel (create spreadsheets, basic formulas, sort data)
- Strong troubleshooting skills with working knowledge of electronic test equipment
- Ability to manage multiple large projects accurately and efficiently and adapt to changing customer needs
- Ability to express clear technical solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to train customers on basic operations of systems
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 40lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Available to travel to customer sites (occasional overnight travel)
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Assets: Working At Heights (WAH) Certification; Lift Certificate
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.