The Electrification and Automation Business Unit is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
Siemens Electrification and Automation – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
The Electrification and Automaton Business Unit is growing steadily in the United States. It is seeking highly qualified and energetic PA Proposals Applications Engineer for its Protection and Automation business located in Wendell, NC.
This position is for an Application Engineer that will be responsible for Protection and Automation offers for the United States Market. The PA Application Engineer will play a significant role in business generation of Protection and Automation by preparing comprehensive technical and commercial proposals and solutions that best fits our customer needs, while ensuring competitive pricing. Provides leadership in the segment management. The PA application engineer will work closely with Internal stakeholders and Siemens Sales in the USA to ensure timely offer preparation and support to customers in the industrial, construction and utility markets on technical, contractual, and commercial issues.
Provides leadership in the segment management. Reviews and assign Request for Proposals and monitors proposal activity. Ensure productivity to meet the offers team objectives and close orders. The Application Engineer should be well versed in regional markets and product requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a minimum 5+-year engineering experience in an EPC, engineering, manufacturing, utility, or industrial corporate environment.
- Knowledge and experience with the application of electrical distribution products and power systems/ power delivery.
- Experience evaluating relay P&C schemes, schematics, communication network diagrams.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for power distribution applications. IEC standards knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications, drawings, and datasheets to interpret and apply appropriate Siemens or 3rd party product offerings to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
- Excellent collaboration skills in a team environment, and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
- Basic financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project lifecycle management processes.
- Ability to identify market trends and using this information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools and product configuration/pricing applications.
- Self-starting and autonomous with time management and prioritization ability.
- Experience with commercial terms and contract negotiations.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with protective relays and their application.
- Experience with automation controllers and their applications.
- Experience with Micro Grid Control Systems.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Tools such as Salesforce.
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.