At Siemens Digital Industries Software, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsPosition Overview:
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our Application Components team working on licensing software used for monetization of our products. Working in our agile environment, you will be involved in a full development life cycle from planning, design/architecture, development, code review, and maintenance. Our software engineering team is a creative, dynamic, and highly productive small team. We are looking for motivated, highly capable contributors to help develop advanced licensing technologies.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities and work
- Collaborate with managers, product groups, Customer Support, Marketing, and key collaborators to understand customer requirements
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment to build new features in a rapid, iterative way
- Support product group developers and customers by developing documentation
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Good analysis and technical problem-solving skills with the ability to understand complex problems and solutions
- Ability to work independently and within a team, own issues, estimate and solve them
- Work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Strong knowledge in C++ and previous experience developing software applications
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating system environments
- Development experience using Java
- RESTful API experience
- Experience in developing data structures and algorithms
- Experience with multi-threaded applications
- General understanding of networking
- Experience developing applications for the cloud
- Familiarity with software development IDEs, such as Visual Studio
- Knowledge of version management (preference GitLab) and continuous Integration tools
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum
- Understanding of the software development cycle
- Previous experience using FlexNet Publisher is highly desirable
Working at Siemens Digital Industries Software
At Siemens Digital Industries Software, we live and champion an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we want to meet you.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.