The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future.
The EA Business Unit in Wendell, North Carolina, which is its U.S. headquarters, focuses on electric-vehicle charging, photovoltaic inverters, medium-voltage power distribution equipment including packaging and services, and solutions, including automation. Additionally, assembly of electric-vehicle chargers, low-voltage motor control centers, and retrofit and replacement circuit breakers occurs at the facility.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Team Lead will lead the manufacturing activities as assigned at the Siemens plant in Wendell, NC.
What are the responsibilities?
- Coordinates employees to fulfill the schedule of work
- Responsible for the Cross Training actions defined by the Production Manager, including updating the training matrix.
- Realize SAP transactions before, during and after the production process.
- Update reports and files required for the calculation of metrics / measurements of the area.
- Identify and report any issue impacting the area production. Proactively approaches the points of contact for those departments and forges a working relationship to resolve them.
- Make sure 5S/6S, 8 Wastes mitigation, and other Lean principles (VSM, Kaizens, Standard Work, etc) are applied in the team / area.
- Empower team and actively takes part in the cleaning of equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Accesses and utilizes documents using of computers, associated with the manufacture of products (e.g. Quality and Safety Documents, Operating Instructions, Work Instructions, SOPs, etc.)
- Ensure tool calibration is completed and up to date as required
- Back up for Production Manager when needed
- Performs other work as directed by Production Manager
What knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this position?
- High School (desirable 2 year degree)
- 5 years work experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge on all operations in the area, material flow and SAP transactions
- Knowledge of product and processes.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills in a dynamic environment
- Experience in empowering the team
- Communication skills
- Organization skills
- Experience in training programs
- Must be able to use Microsoft office
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs, and push/pull/slide heavy material and make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
Not required but a plus:
- +Problem solving (A3, 8D, etc)
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.