Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire Environment, Health & Safety Manager to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
Create a better tomorrow with us.
The EH&S Manager in Project (EHSMiP) is responsible for the overall Environmental, Health and Safety activities of the Turnkey project and leads all EHS related activities especially for the construction site for the entire project team (incl. lots and externally hired personnel). The mission of the EHSMiP is to achieve Zero Harm for all project members,
Render support and expert advice to the members of the projects team to implement measures for the prevention of occupational accidents and work related diseases. Further identify, monitor and analyze environmental, health and safety (EHS) issues related to the installation part of the project.
Ensure compliance to all site specific EHS regulations and add value by using EHS indicators to improve processes.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifies EHS-related statutory requirements, rules & regulations and EHS aspects from the contract with the customer as well as the consortium partner and ensures the projects adherence to those requirements
- Support of project management, site management and operational activities regarding the arrangements for EHS Management in Projects and within respective construction site environments. Provide site documentation to meet the national and local EHS legislative requirements and site management systems.
- Support the project and site management teams in regard to customer requirements, customer communications and on site EHS issues
- Site Inspection and Assessments: Carry out project and site related inspections as part of the overall audit and inspection program. Identify corrective and preventative actions as required and support the closure of any actions with project and site teams, as required
- Ensure that the arrangements on the construction site include the requirements for project and site related reporting to contribute to the requirements of the overall EHS project and business KPI's
- In addition, the EHSMiP is authorized to stop work in order to prevent accidents/potentially harmful situations to the Environment, Health or Safety on site without prior consultation with the management.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You have prior experience Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) on large projects, preferably in the rail industry.
- Relevant EHS qualification, such as OSHA or NEBOSH etc.
- Experience in preparation of EHS procedures and worked in management systems (ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001 and ISO45001)
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility.
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
Make your mark on the future at Siemens!
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time