Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Sizing and Selection of the cooling system and its various sub-components for the battery packs in Battery Energy Storage System of rating ranging from several MWh to GWh.
- Cooling topology constraints to the battery system performance expectations.
- Knowledge of various battery chemistries. Thermal performance evaluation of the battery during regular usage and abuse appropriate for the target market
- Thermal management of the battery by evaluating impact of cooling system on the performance of battery system during faults, failures and abuse
- Review of ITP and participate in FAT of battery system
- Verse the mechanical design of the cooling subsystem down to component level
- Drive the vendor selection for the components by benchmarking against industry standards while keeping the cost low for the organization
- Knowledge of CFD is added advantage
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- · Proven strengths in electro-chemistry.
- · Keen understanding of thermodynamics and thermal management of high voltage Battery systems
- · Experience with thermal topologies for battery construction and an understanding of material and topology selection on the attribute performance for the battery.
- · Strong understanding of mechanical schematic diagrams.
- · Experience with different mechanical layout and insulation methods for batteries.
- · Experience with working on projects with cross-functional teams.
- · Experience with design and ownership of thermal management of batteries at Medium to large scale BESS.
- · Experience in thermal management of battery pack required.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time