We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Junior Dev Ops Cloud Architect to help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
We are looking for experienced Junior Cloud Architect willing to work on leading edge Industrial loT, Cloud and Web Technologies. As a Junior Cloud Architect, you will drive the design and delivery of world-class cloud solutions for the office of the Head of R&D Cloud Operations, working with different teams to ensure the successful automation of the CI/CD pipeline, providing expertise on automation and Integrations services. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation for our business and IT processes.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Areas of Responsibility:
• Improvement of automation degree in integration, deployment, monitoring and configuration management aspects of the developed solutions and the development infrastructure
• Work with engineering teams to understand their requirements for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
• Design, develop, implement and evolve the R&D Engineering teams’ CI/CD toolset for diverse applications on multiple cloud providers.
• Operating and maintaining delivery processes in a multi-national, distributed software development environment
• As a Dev Ops Junior Cloud Architect you will be ensuring all services are developed to achieve a single vision and a controlled set of integrated designs meeting stringent operational acceptance criteria
• Evaluate technologies, including open source and public cloud offerings, to meet project and customer needs
• Engage and actively participate with Product development on product design with specific responsibilities for monitoring frameworks and other production focused toolsets.
• Ensuring technical architecture compliance is rigorously applied to all implementation projects and operational changes through assurance processes.
What skills and experience you will bring to the role:
• Architectural experience of AWS and Azure
• Strong knowledge in software build, integration, deployment, release and code analysis tools; Eclipse, IntelliJ, Jenkins, Gradle, SonarQube
• Experience in creating IaC (Infrastructure as Code) by using TerraForm and/or AWS CloudFormation; Desirable - Experience with IaaS and PaaS solutions (AWS, OpenStack, CloudFoundry, etc)
• Hands-on professional experience in Scripting Languages; Python, Ruby, Bash, Java Script
• Experience of Containerisation (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet)
• Experience of automation tools such as Ansible/G3 and Test automation tools such as Tosca BI, Selenium
• Ability to build strong working relationships and networks across their organisation and with external partners / suppliers, including proven experience of working with deployment partners/3rd Parties (on, off and near shore)
• Experience with Linux
• Experience in working with any database technologies, including the use of SQL, is desirable.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture.
Please note, for this role, we are unable to provide right to work sponsorship so we require our applicants to already have the legal right to work in the UK.
Up to £50,000 Per annum, plus annual bonus and other Siemens attractive benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time