zLooking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
- Responsible for performing aerodynamic analysis and performance evaluation of steam turbine as per Siemens design guidelines.
- Responsible for aerodynamic design, balancing thrust in steam turbine, efficiency check of steam turbine for New Apps, Mods Steam and Nuclear power plants.
- Work closely with engineering teams in Germany and America to meet customer requirements for functionality, performance, and schedule.
- Responsible to provide blading engineering expertise to R&D team in Germany for product development and integration. Develop improved design methods and tools to continually advance our competitiveness and product integrity.
- Responsible to provide blading engineering expertise to tender/ proposal team for steam turbine modernization of Indian market.
- Support manufacturing/ field to evaluate non-conformance reports and defines further measures & troubleshooting for manufacturing deviations and field issues.
- Checking of assembly drawings, detailed drawings, manufacturing sketches, layouts, inspection data and bill of materials per design specifications following drawing/ modeling, Team center & SAP guidelines.
- Lead blading aspects of design reviews with global teams. Interface with customers in review meetings and on-site to effectively represent Siemens, demonstrating technical expertise and customer sensitivity to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Write technical reports or other documentation, such as bulletins or design analysis report, for use by engineering or customers.
- Provide work direction / guidance to the young team members. Develop training and development plans.
- Drive continuous improvement within the skill area on processes & procedures.
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as business requires.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- M.Tech or BE/B.Tech (Mechanical – any IIT / any NIT / any Engineering college in top 50 per MHRD list https://www.nirfindia.org/2022/EngineeringRanking.html) with CGPA > 8.0
- Minimum 8 years of engineering experience in Turbomachinery in the area of Thermal & aerodynamic Analysis, Heat and Mass Balance, Performance & Efficiency Analysis. - this will be the key assessment point.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience of Mechanical integrity evaluation, Aerodynamics Analysis and Manufacturing aspects for steam turbine blading. – this will be the key assessment point.
- Relevant experience in providing support to tender calculations, determination of appropriate upgrade proposals.
- Familiarity with steam turbine products or repair methods for major components preferably blades, bladed casing, and bladed rotor.
- Excellent knowledge about blade manufacturing.
- Relevant experience of handling customer questions in design reviews.
- Team player, proactive and able to provide solution within short time with engineering judgment.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and listening), a strong sense of teamwork and customer focus.
- Exposure to SAP, Teamcenter and programming skills like python or C++ is a merit.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll be posted at various Project sites within India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time