Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as Polarion Solution Architect / SME for ALM Applications to focus on key future technologies used for development of Siemens Healthineers products and to support the Siemens Healthineers R&D organizations with tools and product related Infrastructure and Application consulting. As Polarion SME, you will support, configure, and maintain Polarion (front and back end) as the central ALM platform utilized within the SHS R&D organizations.
The Application LifeCycle Management (ALM) team within Siemens Healthineers IT is responsible for providing R&D organizations with a state-of the-art platform of services for Product/Application LifeCycle Management needs. ALM is continuously enhancing their service portfolio, strategies, and technologies across Siemens Healthineers, supporting more than 10,000 Product engineers.
- Design: Based on the business processes and requirements of our customers, you design the digitalization framework based on Polarion solution packages. In doing so, you always have the target solution in mind and always keep an eye on quality criteria.
- Realize: Accompany the implementation for the customer in a leading role of the implementation team. That includes installation and configuration of Polarion solution packages on Linux and Windows.
- Consults and supports the implementation of new or changed services for increased business productivity, including the discussion, analysis and acceptance of demand and supporting the planning for the development and implementation of service changes
- As the Solution Architect for Polarion you will act as a consulting team member, individual project task consultant but also as subject matter expert.
Polarion SME Key Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and process expertise and consultancy throughout the project lifecycle (including design, implementation, troubleshooting, configuration, enhancements, integration, testing, deployment, and basic project management support)
- Contribute to the definition of technical, industry and process best practices and leverage, together with personal experience, to help improve productivity and efficiency, leveraging on Polarion capabilities.
- Provisioning of 2nd Level support for ALM RE applications like Polarion and Caliber as well as for interfaces to other Enterprise Applications like Azure DevOps, TeamCenter, Quality Center, MagicDraw, etc.
- Conduct complex technical evaluation and suggest proposed physical architectures along with detailed design.
- Driving technical issues to resolution: from qualifying the issue, to reproducing it and conducting an in-depth technical investigation along with vendor for Level 3 support, as applicable (being in touch with the customer and managing their expectations all along the way).
- Ensures compliance to Quality, Information Security and Data Privacy regulations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/MS in Information Technology, Business Informatics, Computer Science or related fields
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) processes (Requirement Management, Test Management, DevOps, etc) and tools.
- Excellent Knowledge of Polarion architecture and its components (Subversion / Apache / PostgreSQL / JRE, etc), including the enterprise setup in a clustered High available, multi-instance environment.
- Polarion ALM subject matter expert should be able to design, build, and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements
- Polarion tool integration with other peripheral tools like Azure DevOps, TeamCenter, Quality Center, MBSE etc.
- Experience in regulated Healthcare environment - Good knowledge of Quality, IT security and ITIL requirements
- 5-8 years of hands experience with Polarion ALM application Implementation, consulting and support.
- 5+ years of experience with Polarion in the following areas: Work item data model, work item and document workflows, documents & pages, plans & testing, queries, reports, projects, resource traceability, permissions, connectors to external systems/tools, subversion repository management.
- Intercultural Experience, Customer Orientation, and willingness to travel to customers at Siemens Healthineers sites
- Self-starter who drives pro-actively activities which are in own area of responsibility
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with tiered-application architectures and client-server applications
- Experience with cloud/web/database components like Azure Services, Managed Databases, cloud native technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc)
- Experience working in a regulated industry (medical device, aerospace, financial, automotive, etc)
- Experience working based on a Lean / Agile / SaFe methodology is beneficial.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare S.L.U. dARE, Madrid, SPA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time