The Senior Strategic Planning Analyst conducts analyses and contributes to complex projects in the area of strategic portfolio planning and development. This role requires a team-oriented individual who can work effectively in a matrixed environment to develop and support Siemens strategic initiatives. This individual contributor works collaboratively across organizations and creates strong working relationships that ultimately deliver shared value to customers, partners and stakeholders.
• Facilitates strategic planning efforts for solution domains, working closely with product segments, industry leaders and portfolio development organization
• Supports the creation of business cases to justify investment in key initiatives
• Partners with key stakeholders in go-to-market functions to define growth opportunities and capture inbound requirements
• Standardizes internal segment strategic planning efforts and streamlines their integration with overarching portfolio plan
• Has working understanding of financial statements and financial performance
• Supports investment/divestment planning as part of the annual budgeting process aligned to long-term strategic goals
• Develops a deep understanding of DI SW’s software domains, its customers, use cases and markets served
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Sound understanding of on-premises and SaaS software business models
• In-depth knowledge of MCAD, Product Lifecycle Management or Simulation software domains required
• Demonstrated success working on cross-functional teams and communicating with leadership across various departments
• Ability to clearly communicate and represent data verbally and via presentation and to tailor the message for target audiences
• Self-starter able to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Great teammate possessing critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Desire to think strategically and execute tactically
Education and Experience Requirement:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or other technical discipline
• Strong technical acumen and understanding of product development process
• 5+ years of professional experience working in or with technical software
• MBA preferred, but not required
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Hybrid remote/office work options
• Preferred locations include: greater Portland, OR, Detroit, MI, Plano, TX, Cincinnati, OH, Leuven, Belgium, Tel Aviv, Israel, Newbury, England, Prague, Czech Republic
• Minimal travel required: 5-10%
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.