Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability.
We are a collaborative, proactive group, learning every day, achieving quality products on time, overcoming challenges and aware of what we contribute to society. If you want to work on Generic products valid for any part of the world and work with international teams, this is the place for you.
We would like to get onboard Software Engineer in R&D which will be responsible for the design, development and testing of ERTMS Train Control Systems, according to design / product specifications.s.
Main functions and responsibilities:
• Software Development and Testing for specific Siemens solutions.
• Design, implement and modify software using C++ programming language, using SIL4 techniques.
• Assume the responsibilities throughout the entire software development cycle, including specification, design, development, test, and delivery phase.
• Work in an international and multidisciplinary development team.
• Innovation and research on new technologies applied to products.
• Software engineer (computer science, industrial engineer, telecommunications)
• English & Spanish proficiency
• Ability to work in a team, good communication skills and a results-oriented approach.
• Desirable experience in the development of applications for Railway Signaling Train Control systems
• Desirable 2 years of experience in research projects.
• Knowledge in C ++ programming language preferably; other programming languages as Python will be valued.
• Knowledge on SW architecture.
• Knowledge on Railway Systems (ERTMS) will be highly valued.
• Knowledge of configuration management tools such as GIT.
• Knowledge of requirements and traceability management tools (DOORS)
• Knowledge of SIL2/4 development techniques (CENELEC 50128:2011 Standard)
It will be valued:
• Knowledge of AGILE software development methodology (SCRUM) and related tools (Jira, Gitlab, RTC) will be valued.
• Knowledge of automatic testing and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, SonarQube) will be highly valued.
• IT Security knowledge (vulnerability testing, threat mitigation, authentication, access control, cryptography) will be valued.
• Programming using code standards (MISRA 2012 & CERT C) and following good development practices
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. Flexibility is our main benefit. We combine remote and presence work because work-life balance and wellbeing are essential for our teams. We are convinced that stay at home allow us to focus on activities that need more time for concentration and being at the office enhance our creativity collaborating and learning from others.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time