We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
Advanta Development Europe Turkey - Grid Simulation is a Software R&D Group in Ankara ODTÜ Teknokent. This group brings together the fields of utility network planning, simulation, analysis and network model management with the PSS® Product Suite (PSS® Power System Simulation and Modeling Software). Grid Simulation mainly employs new ways throughout the different fields of application in order to build proficient software solutions and products. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a Working Student – UX / UI Designer, who will be responsible for creating intuitive and delightful digital experiences for various products under PSS® Suite. The colleague in this role also needs to understand the way of transferring the brand's characteristics, especially its strength through the interface of a product. The candidate will directly report to a local manager, plus functionally collaborate with the local and global project responsible person.
What are my responsibilities?
· Working within international software development teams across global locations to support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
· Supporting User Experience (UX) team by maintaining strong connection with stakeholders, understanding user needs & requirements and turn them into wireframe concepts.
- Preparing high fidelity mockups and clickable prototpyes by considering our company’s own design system used for Siemens applications.
- Preparing highly descriptive and user-friendly technical documents by considering our company rules and regulations.
· Delivering final mockups and assets to the development team and reassuring that the mockups are implemented correctly.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Student in Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, Industrial Design, Management Information Systems or related field.
· Demonstrated understanding of fundamentals in visual design like color, hierarchy, composition, etc.
· Enthusiastic about UX / UI design.
· Willing to learn continuously and communicate.
· Familiar with Balsamiq, Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
· Very good command in English.
· Minimum 2,5 days/week availability is expected.
· Knowledge on Agile methodologies is a plus.
Desired Soft skills:
· Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
· Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
· Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
· Ability to work in a quality oriented, tidy and organized approach,
· Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
· Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs
What else do I need to know?
· Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
· No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds”
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Boelge Subesi
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time