Siemens Digital Industries Software in Egypt is looking for a Senior Database Engineer with hands-on knowledge in maintaining, supporting, and improving developer experience and production operations to join the Smart Infrastructure – Brightly Software segment.
Who we are
Brightly, the global leader in intelligent asset management solutions, enables organizations to transform the performance of their assets. Brightly’s sophisticated cloud-based platform leverages more than 20 years of data to deliver predictive insights that help users through the key phases of the entire asset lifecycle. More than 12,000 clients of every size worldwide depend on Brightly’s complete suite of intuitive software – including CMMS, EAM, Strategic Asset Management, IoT Remote Monitoring, Sustainability and Community Engagement. Paired with award-winning training, support and consulting services, Brightly helps light the way to a bright future with smarter assets and sustainable communities. About The Job We are seeking an experienced Database Engineer to join the team with hands-on knowledge in database design, management, and configuration on AWS/Azure plus Data Ingestion/Data Integration jobs & pipelines.
What You’ll Be Doing (responsibilities):
• Hands-on experience with T/SQL with expertise in MS SQL Server internals, systems, tables and databases.
• Query performance diagnostics and optimization.
• Work with the development team to support and implement business logic and data migrations.
• Hands-on experience in supporting and implementing for Always-on SQL deployment. • Implement and monitor backup processes and procedures and ensure point-in-time recoverability of the environment.
• Support Mission-critical SQL databases with advanced troubleshooting skills for performance and tuning.
• Hands-on experience with cloud-based databases, migration of databases from one platform to another (SQL to NoSQL or vice versa).
• planning overall infra capacity structure including future storage requirements.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes, for efficiency and cost optimization.
• Creates, maintains, and documents processes for managing production database systems.
• Ability to exercise good judgment, problem-solving ability and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
• Hands-on NoSQL database will be an added advantage.
What you need (requirements):
• Bachelors in computer science or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
• 7-10 years of experience supporting SQL Server in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with most (but not necessarily all):
o AWS (Azure a plus)
o SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL
o SQL Server, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, Couchbase, RedShift o SentryOne , Datadog, CloudWatch
o Jenkins, DACPACs, Redgate tools o Bitbucket, GitHub, SVN o PowerShell, Bash, Python (C# or GO a plus)
o Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, SAM
• Multi-Cloud experience will be preferred.
• Knowledge of SQL Clustering and Availability Groups.
• Established practices and draws relevant conclusions, ability to persuade business new ideas and the ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply to business needs and strong written and oral presentation skills.
• Willing to be on 24X7 on-call rotation and respond to production outages.
• Ability to automate redundant tasks using scripts, jobs, and other technologies.
• Experience with source control, scripting languages, programming languages, database engineering background.
• Fluent in English with good written and verbal communication.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow! We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance. Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity. Siemens. Making real what matters If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time