Siemens Industry Software in Egypt is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with hands-on knowledge in maintaining, supporting, and improving developer experience and production operations to join the Smart Infrastructure – Brightly Software segment.
Brightly, the global leader in intelligent asset management solutions, enables organizations to transform the performance of their assets. Brightly’s sophisticated cloud-based platform leverages more than 20 years of data to deliver predictive insights that help users through the key phases of the entire asset lifecycle. More than 12,000 clients of every size worldwide depend on Brightly’s complete suite of intuitive software – including CMMS, EAM, Strategic Asset Management, IoT Remote Monitoring, Sustainability and Community Engagement. Paired with award-winning training, support and consulting services, Brightly helps light the way to a bright future with smarter assets and sustainable communities.Responsibilities:
- Building next generation cloud infrastructure.
- Creating and maintaining developer and production environments.
- Identify improvements to system scalability and stability.
- Investigate into the issues pertaining to environment and devise solutions.
- Implement enhancements and best practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
- Rapid deployment, automation, monitoring and troubleshooting around the cloud hosted environment.
- Develop and maintain tooling to assist with things like integration tests, performance tooling, building production and staging environments, CI systems, source control etc.
- Guide and mentor junior team members, review their work.
- Automate repetitive tasks in the department's workflow.
- Create and build out the service delivery tool set and document it along.
- Use current and cutting-edge technologies while testing bleeding-edge technologies for future use.
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 4 to 7 Years of experience with building and managing AWS environment.
- Experience with most (but not necessarily all):
- Jenkins, TeamCity, or similar.
- Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, SAM.
- PowerShell, Bash, C#, Python, GO.
- SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Bitbucket, GitHub, SVN.
- DataDog, ELK, CloudWatch, SentryOne.
- Ability to investigate performance bottlenecks, system issues, and environment related issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams to reach software release goals.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Cloud administration, automation, deployment practices, databases, SQL, programming and scripting, design patterns, SOLID principles.
- Experience in a mature CI/CD SDLC environment, implemented exception handling, logging, monitoring, performance measurement, operational metrics knowledge.
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork and influencing skills required that can close the gaps in time and distance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and depth in cloud services.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time