Siemens IP department located in Bangalore has around 11 IP Professionals with experience in IP Strategy, Creation and Management. The IP team of Siemens works closely with local R&D department and businesses to strategically create inventions, harvest inventions early, protect valuable inventions in different jurisdictions, prosecute patent applications and manage IP portfolio. Over the years, the IP professional Group has developed expertise in drafting patent applications meeting globally acceptable quality standard in cutting edge technology focus areas including digital twin, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, blockchain, additive manufacturing, and so on. The IP Professional group is responsible for prosecuting their own patent applications in different jurisdictions including WO, US, EP, CN, IN, etc. and are responsible for managing its own portfolio. The IP professional group is also involved in providing strategic inputs to the local R&D departments and proactively harvest inventions through continuous engagement with R&D groups and business units of Siemens Entities India. The IP Professional group is engaged in assessing third party IP risk for our products prior to release into the market and protecting our inventions from infringement by third parties through exploitation of IPRs. The IP Professional group also actively interacts with colleagues in other IP departments worldwide across the responsible R&D groups and business units for creation and management of our IPRs.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Siemens is looking for an IP Professional with 3 to 5 years’ experience in drafting and prosecution patent applications across different jurisdictions US, EP, CN, IN, etc.
- Should have a bachelor/master’s degree from a recognized university in Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Must have experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications for computer related inventions (software inventions), specifically in upcoming technology areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Simulation, Cloud Computing, Additive Manufacturing, and so on.
- Should have experience working in a law firm or inhouse IP department and shall have knowledge of patent practice and procedures in US, EP and IN.
- Interest in developing skills of a good patent attorney.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- A degree in law and a patent agent registration before the India Patent Office would be a plus.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time