Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our team as Product Reliability Engineer (18-Month Term).
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
• 70% of critical clinical decisions are influenced by the type of technology we provide.
• More than 31 million Canadians benefit from Siemens Healthineers products every year.
• An average of 85,000 Canadians per day receive treatment or tests from a Siemens Healthineers device.
• Siemens Healthineers participates in 30 healthcare research collaborations in Canada and around the world.
Under the supervision of the Product Engineering Team Lead, the Product Reliability Engineer is responsible for ensuring continued correct sensor calibration, monitoring of ongoing sensor performance and facilitation of sensor improvement initiatives. They will become intimately familiar with all aspects of how the sensors are designed to work (including the requirements for the software that converts raw signals to analytical outputs), how they are manufactured, how they are tested, and how the results of all these activities tie together to produce the overall sensor performance. The Product Reliability Engineer is then charged with applying this knowledge to correctly calibrate the sensor and ensure, in collaboration with the Chemical Process Engineering group, acceptable ongoing performance of the sensor.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As the Product Reliability Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that analysis of calibration data for the sensors proceeds in a timely and correct manner so that accurate sensor configuration files can be generated as required
- Improving configuration file logic for the sensors to achieve better calibration outcomes
- Establishing and verifying primary Value Assignments for the sensors, as related to calibration
- Continuously reviewing product testing results (e.g., Finished Goods, Stability)
- Ensuring that adverse trends in the sensors’ performance are communicated to appropriate groups and action taken to correct the trend
- Designing improved control algorithms for monitoring sensor analytical performance as well as for sensor parameters that may predict analytical performance
- Participating in sensor improvement initiatives that may have impact on the sensor calibration process or sensor performance.
- Initiating and/or participating in external data generation or benchmarking opportunities at customer sites as required
As a successful Product Reliability Engineer you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in an appropriate technical discipline (e.g., chemistry, biochemistry, engineering physics, etc.). Advanced degrees are desirable.
- Minimum of 1 year of industrial experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the use of statistical tools; experience with specialized techniques for handling large data sets would be an asset.
- Experience with product development and management in a regulated industry such as pharmaceuticals or medical devices, is highly desirable.
- Experience with development of product testing and control strategies is desirable.
- Experience with Risk Analysis and Root Cause Analysis tools is desirable.
- Good scripting and programming skills would be an asset
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technologies around the world.
In our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity, Siemens Healthineers requires employees, contractors, and business partners to be fully vaccinated with relevant dose(s) of a Health Canada approved vaccine for all new hires by their start date. “Fully vaccinated” means it has been 14 days after receiving the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (i.e. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series), and which may include, at the Company’s discretion, any further doses in accordance with Health Canada guidelines. will only be granted for medical reasons or on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.