Sr. Software Engineering - Simulation
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
As a Simulation and Validation engineer, you will be responsible for creating simulation models for rail vehicle control. Your task, and responsibilities are as follows:
- You can understand system and interface requirements, to create requirements for simulation models.
- You interact with train architects and train control
engineers to identify hardware &
software requirements and configurations to simulate train control system within Lab.
- You implement simulation models for train / locomotive operation using LabView and design user friendly HMI.
- You validate simulation software at Lab bench and update it as per new system requirements.
- You will support in integration tests and vehicle control validation tests.
- You will be able to implement upgradation / new work of LabView HMI application software with end-to-end responsibility.
- You will conduct training sessions for use of test setup and LabView HMI application to control engineers.
- You will take part in system validation activities during commissioning and field trial.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- We are looking for candidates having bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronic or computer science with 7-9 years of relevant rolling stock experience.
- Domain knowledge of locomotive/ train control, testing and commissioning will be added advantage.
- Experience in working with MVB, WTB, Ethernet communication protocols. Knowledge of TRDP would be added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of requirement engineering is prerequisite
- Good experience in use of LabView simulation software.
- Good communication and presentation skill completes your profile.
- You should demonstrate strong teamwork and able to guide peers to bring out required results
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You will also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time