Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a technical and occupational qualifications, whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens is a large multi-national technology solutions company who are, right now, helping to power a whole country, finding ways to prevent malaria, making cities smarter, developing renewable energy, designing 3D robots, transporting people at 250 mph and even helping NASA explore Mars.
Siemens has expertise in many areas of Technology including Railway Signalling Control and Telecoms, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely.
In your role as a Project Management Degree Apprentice within Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure you will be part of a team delivering services and solutions to the world’s Rail networks with the market leader in train control both in the UK and globally.
Siemens Rail Infrastructure has an extensive portfolio of technology leading products which have provided solutions for many different types of Railway systems across the world, from densely used Mass Transit systems to Mainline high speed networks.
With the increased use of Mass Transit and Mainline rail systems, resulting in continuous improvement and upgrades there is an ever-growing need for Future Makers like you.
The Degree Apprentice Scheme:
Join us on our four year-long Apprentice Development Programme to get to know us from the inside and see how we can make a difference to society.
During this time, your development will provide a thorough grounding in Project Management and will develop your personal and management skills. You will go to university part time and gain a Business Management Degree, whilst within Siemens you will gain formal qualifications from the IPMA and be accredited using our PM@Siemens Certification programme.
Responsible for ensuring the technical understanding our customer requirements and then ensuring that a solution is designed and implemented in a methodical manner, whilst facilitating the engineers within a Project Delivery environment and utilising industry best practices.
- The role offers the opportunity for international travel in the execution and delivery of your allocated projects, providing further learning and development opportunities from the wider Siemens family
- You will have excellent Communication Skills and possess the ability to present ideas and results back to the wider Project team and Senior Management both within the Rail Infrastructure and Client environment
- Be willing to develop best in class Customer relationship and collaboration building skills;
- Develop the ability to facilitate and assist in delivering project engineering work-packages;
- Develop knowledge and skills in the preparation of Project Delivery Schedules and the requisite skills to ensure the close monitoring, update and reporting of progress
- Build a working knowledge of our products, systems and strategies for implementation so that you become confident as an entrepreneur in the offering of these systems to clients
- Prepare and maintain team resource schedules to maximise resource utilisation and work with the Principle Project Engineer to ensure efficiency and sharing across projects, thus ensuring that key skills are made available to projects that need them most
- Carry out work placements in specified technical and non-technical business functions
- Develop skills and knowledge in Contract Management so that change and claim management on your projects is efficiently managed and maximised;
- Develop the skills required to allow you to recognise, record and mitigate risk and opportunities
- A minimum of 3 a-levels or equivalent in science, business, maths, English or engineering related areas
- A willingness to learn and ability to innovate.
- Safety culture aware – to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice
- Strong and effective communicator across peer group
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company
- Aspiration to be a leader or specialist within a Project Delivery environment
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £20,000 at the same time as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of rail. Think this is you? Apply Now.
The start date for this role will be Friday 11th August 2023.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time