The Medium Voltage (MV) Business Unit of Siemens Energy is looking for highly qualified Engineers for our Medium Voltage Switchgears group. As Mechanical Engineer you will work on the development of mechanical designs and drawings adjusting to current regulations and standards to fulfill customers expectations.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Diversity and inclusivity focused.
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with home office and flex hours, working to reach goals.
• Been a part of a culture of constant recognition and rewards for your great ideas!
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop Mechanical Design (DTO) using AutoCAD and Engineering Base, satisfiying customer requirements, and applicable standards.
• Analyze technical specifications implementing an appropriate product solution to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner.
• Be part of the Engineering quality culture providing feedback of the Quality of the deliverables from Engineering to different assembly lines.
• Ensure clean Engineering and Drafting deliverables by analyzing the most common failures and approving their corrective actions, and follow up of their implementation.
• Provide Guidance and leadership to the team during the analysis of daily conflicts.
• Identify potential risks for failures and implement preventive actions with the Engineering and Drafting teams, to prevent the occurrence of a defect in the Engineering and Drafting deliverables.
• Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
What will you need to succed?
• Able to communicate and understand in English.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 2+ years of Mechanical design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms.
• Knowledge to create, convert & modify drawings using CAD software.
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
• Proven experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Technical knowledge of the Electrical Products industry.
• Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to reach the targets with high quality in a professional manner.
Considered a plus but not required:
• Proven experience working with electrical distribution products and systems.
• Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
• Experience with electrical design for medium voltage switchgear
• Electrical design/drafting experience with Engineering Base (Microsoft Visio) and/or AutoCAD Electrical
• Working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in medium voltage power distribution products.
• Working knowledge on motor protection and control product manufactures including Siemens Simocode and Siemens SIRIUS thermal protection.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.