Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire System Engineer (ATC) to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
This is your role. What part will you play?
The System Engineer (Automatic Train Control Systems) is an expert in one or more ATC systems and be able to provide high value technical deliverables themselves as required. The level of responsibilities / capabilities on design and checking of different type of design elements will be assessed based on the skill matrix registered within the Competence Management System.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse the ATC requirements with respect to non-existent, unclear / contradictory or unreasonable requirements, compilation of any assumptions as a substitute for non-existent requirements, and initiation of a speedy, binding clarification of such requirements with the customer via the SMiP.
- Specify the ATC scope with the objective of defining favourable solutions in terms of both budget and timescale, take into consideration the product characteristics.
- Review of system level documents of the ATC (e.g. integration/validation plan, training and test concepts).
- Identify threats and risk through assessment and workshops with stakeholders and identification of SFAIRP (so far as is reasonably practicable) mitigations.
- Contact for the WPM on technical issues for ATC and reporting to the WPM about implementation progress.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Professional experience in the area of ATC and CBTC systems.
- Experience on a variety of train control and CBTC systems.
- Understanding of project delivery requirements.
- Tertiary education in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or Software Engineering.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
We have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time