Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire Installation Manager to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
Change the future with us.
This role has the overall responsibility for ensuring all works performed on behalf of Siemens Mobility are delivered in accordance with legislative requirements and contract obligations. This includes EH&S, management of all site personnel, employees, and sub-contractors engaged by Siemens Mobility to ensure that all equipment is constructed and installed safely and in accordance with the approved designs, standards, quality and system assurance requirements. The Installation Manager is responsible for the overall planning and scheduling of site activities and disciplines to ensure that works are performed in the most cost-effective manner.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, coordination of all site activities and discipline interfaces to ensure successful delivery of the site works in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop and or take ownership of the Site Management Plan and to execute this plan, which should describe and or reference all the site requirements and proposed site works execution methodology.
- Ensure correct supervision is provided to all staff and sub-contractors and that all internal processes are applied ensuring that all equipment has been constructed and installed in technically correct and in accordance with approved designs.
- Functional management of the installation staff (via site supervisors), including their briefing with regard to specific tasks and supervision of work performance.
- Liaise with the customer and other relevant stakeholders to ensure that where planned works are to be performed on the customer's existing system, these impacts are minimized and agreed and managed with all stakeholders
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- Prior experience as an installation manager working on large rail projects preferably with a Tier 1 organisation.
- Experienced with managing the site construction, installation and commissioning of safety critical system installations.
- Experience in the functional management of a variety of installation teams and or supervisors is highly desired.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
Make your mark on the future at Siemens!
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time