Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire Senior Project Engineer to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
Create a better tomorrow with us.
The Senior Project Engineer (Rooms & Trackside) is experienced in engineering, analysis, design, implementation, verification and validation of trackside signalling equipment and equipment rooms. They analyse the trackside signalling equipment and equipment room requirements and design the signalling and communications system and its interfaces, may be involved in overseeing and/or providing technical expertise in all aspects of the delivery life cycle, from concept and tendering through the installation and test, verification and validation, and prepare necessary technical documentation as part of system delivery. They are also involved in feasibility studies in all aspects of rail electrification.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Continuous consultation with Product and System Management about any changes to the system concept or design
- Planning and management of trackside signalling equipment and equipment room solutions within project scope to client, statutory specifications and relevant standards
- Liaising with Systems Assurance and Systems Integration to ensure requirements are implemented
- Consideration of the operating conditions (safety, environment, standards, interoperability, etc.) of the individual subsystems/components in design of the architecture
- Support for RAMS analyses and analysis of impact on the system architecture.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You are an experienced Senior Project Engineer with Rooms and Trackside experience.
- Ability to apply Customer signalling installation standards and procedures
- Ability to devise and manage short term project plans and resource requirements.
- Professional experience, combined technical and management experience in a relevant discipline and industry
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
Make your mark on the future at Siemens!
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time