Purpose of Position: To plan, coordinate, implement and support the members of Customer Order Engineering for executing the projects on time and in stipulated budget. This involves turbine selection & optimization, design and thermal calculations for Industrial & Oil & Gas Applications (Steam Turbine) projects within the framework of policies and guidelines of SL and SAG with the objective of achieving and exceeding the business goals of the organization.
• good insight of topics in steam turbine and related Components like casing, rotor, bearing, nozzle etc
• strong ability in product conceptualization, understand design and system requirements of products
• hands on Experience in AutoCAD, Creo, Nx
• independently handled projects to meet Customer related documentation, Fabrication & manufacturing Drawings and detailed BOM
• prepare manufacturing drawings with proper GD&T for various part and assemblies of steam turbine like Rotor, blades, Exhaust casings, seals, control valves, Diaphragms, water and steam piping
• diverse experience of process equipment applications to include concept, front end engineering design, detailed design, operation & commissioning support in the power plant project environment
• experience in collaborating with the project team to execute project's deliverables
• ability and experience of interacting with different functional areas at all levels of the organization
• excellent communication skills
• evaluation of technical risks and preparation of mitigation plan taking support from cross function team
• discuss technical aspects with Customers
• collaboration with global teams
• ability to resolve Nonconformities and design change request from Manufacturing team
• provide support to Shop, vendor evaluation and incorporating lessons learnt from NCC
• capable to provide product optimization and cost-out ideas
Desired Qualification & Experience:
• B.E / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 5 to 8 years’ experience.
• Sound knowledge of steam turbine codes such as API 611 & 612 and handing projects from Oil & Gas market
• Rich Knowledge on Mechanical Items, Piping & balance of plant items of Steam Turbines Power plant is must
• Rich Knowledge on P&IDs & Layout Engineering of Steam Turbines Power plant is must.
• Previous experience in Engineering or Technical Sales Support role for Mechanical items for Steam Turbines Power plant is preferred.
• Must be technically sound to face Local Global Customers / technical consultants, EPC such as EIL, PDIL, TOYO, LINDE etc directly as well as OEM such as KSB, Sulzer, Flowserve, Atlas Copco etc for drive turbines
• Good communication skills.
• Good team player.
• Multitasking & should be able to work & perform under time pressure.