Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire System Engineer - COMMS to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
Create a better tomorrow with us.
The COMMS Engineer carries out communications systems engineering, analysis, design, implementation, verification, and validation for rail projects.
In this position, you will analyse the signalling system communications requirements in consultation with the signalling design engineers and train control design engineers. You design the communications system and its interfaces, may be involved in overseeing the installation and test, and prepare necessary technical documentation as part of system delivery. You will also provide technical expertise in design and problem-solving around various modes of communications in closed network environments within the railway signalling infrastructure.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse the COMMS requirements with respect to non-existent, unclear / contradictory or unreasonable requirements, compilation of any assumptions as a substitute for non-existent requirements, and initiation of a speedy, binding clarification of such requirements with the customer via the SMiP.
- Define and create the COMMS architecture as part of the overall system architecture (interfaces, system-internal and -external, RAMS, risk analysis.
- Plan and manage of vital and non-vital communications design within project scope to customer, statutory specifications and relevant standards.
- Liaise with Signalling and Operation Control Engineering, Systems Assurance and V&V to ensure communication requirements are implemented.
What you need to make real what matters
- Professional experience in communication design and implementation for the delivery of complex systems projects on Rail Systems Projects in DSPM/SCADA, or Radio.
- Certificates - CCNA (or higher), JNCIA(or higher), Ruggedcom Routing&Switching
- Communications systems design experience with large projects in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, or other engineering disciplines.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
We have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time