Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire Project Manager - Passenger Screen Doors to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
Create a better tomorrow with us.
The Project Manager has full responsibility in the project’s PSD by establishing an action plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time. Ensuring follow-through of plan; Translating strategic priorities into operational reality and concrete actions, and implementing service practices that meet the customers’ and own organisation’s needs.
Reporting into the Project Director, the key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Leads a PSD sub-contractor through all phases of the project, starting with design, followed by manufacturing, installation, training, T&C and handover to the customer
- Checks the PSD design for contractual conformity as well as compliance with the relevant laws, standards, and guidelines
- Coordinates and controls the interfaces between the parties involved in the planning and construction process.
- Evaluates the quality, plausibility, functionality, economic efficiency as well as the opportunities and risks of design and execution services
- Leads project members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines
- Carries out the schedule and cost control for the PSD, including monthly reporting to the project director
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Tertiary education in an engineering discipline preferably mechanical, civil or communication
- Several years' professional experience in the systems business, ideally in railway transportation systems with the focus on platform screen doors
- Technical knowledge of all widely used PSD subsystems and their interfaces in complete rail solutions, such as PSD architecture, PSD controllers, earthing and power supply
- Experience in cost and resource management as well as knowledge of interface and requirements management
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
We have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time