Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are a great option for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll be able to learn new skills whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens. Not sure who Siemens are and what we do? Click here to find out more.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens, we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software, and ingenious inventions.
Manchester is the UK Siemens Headquarters, responsible for sales, marketing, technical support, and customer services for the global industrial market. Siemens also has engineers positioned throughout the UK in field service teams providing support at our customers’ sites with industrial control systems, motion control applications, machine tools and industrial communication networks.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are excited about the prospect of learning new skills, taking on extra responsibilities and acting as if Siemens was your own business.
Our apprenticeship programme lasts for approximately 4 years, during which time you will spend time studying towards your academic qualifications and working in the Motion Control business. The Automation & Control Engineering Technician will be the interface between the vendor and our customer and will be able to competently provide high quality, engineering services such as installation, commissioning, fault finding (the activity of testing an installation prior to handover) and support.
We have two options to join our Engineering Higher Apprenticeship: the standard entry route straight into our program in the Carlisle and Farnborough locations.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Providing first line customer service technical support to our customers.
- Travelling to customer locations across the UK to diagnose faults, repair equipment and fit new equipment to ensure our customer’s equipment is running as efficiently as possible as a field service engineer.
- Working on engineering projects helping our customers introduce Digital and Automation solutions
- Work with cutting edge technology on innovative customer challenges.
- Support the marketing and sales of our products into the market.
- Spend time with our Siemens Industrial Training business helping customers learn how to use our technology.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported. During this apprenticeship you will work towards a Level 4 Engineering qualification.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Have a strong Growth Mindset - Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Passionate about technology and always keen to learn new skills.
- You are organised and happy to be challenged and stretched.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve two A Levels at Grades A*-C or equivalent (at least one must be Maths or Physics).
We also welcome applications from those with a BTEC Level 3 certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least a DDM grading.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning whilst earning a starting salary of £15,000 per annum as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
- Be a part of the Entry Level Talent community with other ambitious young people and take paid volunteering days so you can help others with our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme
- Have real responsibility and contribute towards live rail projects as well as the opportunity to develop soft skills to compliment your technical skills in the workplace
- Not sure between going to university or getting an apprenticeship? Click here to hear from one of our recruiters and her mum talk about the different options after college.
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time