Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our degree apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to the usual university route for ambitious students, especially as you’ll earn a degree whilst also benefitting from relevant and practical hands-on experience and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens, we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software, and ingenious inventions.
Manchester is the UK Siemens Headquarters, responsible for sales, marketing, technical support, and customer services for the global industrial market. Siemens also has engineers positioned throughout the UK in field service teams providing support at our customers’ sites with industrial control systems, motion control applications, machine tools and industrial communication networks.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are excited about the prospect of learning new skills, taking on extra responsibilities and acting as if Siemens was your own business.
Our apprenticeship programme lasts for approximately 2 years, during which time you will spend time studying towards your academic qualifications and rotate around the business before specialising in your chosen engineering discipline.
We have one option to join our Automation and Controls Master’s Degree Apprenticeship: the standard entry route straight into our rotational program at the Manchester location.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
A Digital & Technology Solutions Specialist maintains digital and technology strategies through technology leadership, investigating, identifying and implementing technological strategic solutions. They direct digital technology provision by studying organisation goals, strategies, and practices and delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing digital technologies. They are confident, competent, and capable individuals able to apply leadership and change management skills to operate in a range of digital and technology related specialist roles.
Your learning journey begins here:
- We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Have a strong Growth Mindset - Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Passionate about technology and always keen to learn new skills.
- You are organised and happy to be challenged and stretched.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’
Minimum educational requirements:
Achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:1 (second class honours) in a computing-related subject.
The benefits of a master’s degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond university and have your master’s degree paid for all whilst earning a salary and an annual bonus!
- 20% of your normal working hours will be spent studying.
- Apply what you are leaning at university in real word environments.
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
- Apprenticeships are funded from contributions made by the government and your employer. This means you will not have any student loans or tuition fees.
- You'll just need to cover the cost of your day-to-day expenses, such as lunch, travel, and accommodation.
- If you're 16 to 24 and a care leaver, you'll receive a £1,000 bursary payment to support you in the first year of your apprenticeship.
- Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity in the workplace and is a corporate member of WISE (Women in Science, technology and Engineering), and a signatory to the WISE Ten Steps campaign.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.