We are looking for an attorney who provides user-centric standard license agreements and contract forms for our global software business. Our terms span an ever-expanding diverse portfolio of industrial cloud services offerings, on-premises software, hardware and professional services, and a wide array of industry verticals. As a key player on our Central Legal team for Digital Industries Software Legal, you will also manage success with those terms worldwide and in close collaboration with our field attorneys and global sales teams. At Central Legal, we focus on making it easy for our customers and partners to do business with us while protecting Siemens’ legal and business interests simultaneously.
- You create and maintain user-centric standard terms and conditions for our direct and indirect channels that are concise, easy to read and accept, and safeguard the interests of Siemens.
- You enable the global sales team and field attorneys to be successful with the terms that Central Legal provides. You create and roll out online training materials, contract playbooks, conduct training sessions, and share best practices and advice in negotiations of major business transactions.
- You support the global sales operations team in managing highly-automated contracting and order processing tools that reference the correct license terms and operationalize requirements from sales and legal policies.
- You develop creative and scalable solutions that enable innovative business models.
- You support the integration of licensing models and contracting practices of newly acquired companies with a view to create a uniform customer experience for the combined businesses.
- You may take on additional global responsibilities in the broader Siemens Legal organization that are synergetic with your role.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- You embrace technology and digitization with a growth mindset that is driven to finding solutions.
- You are effective in working with a global perspective and with a geographically dispersed business.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills and a strong collaboration mindset that supports teamwork in a culturally diverse environment
- You are happy participating in or leading projects and initiatives.
- You are an attorney at law admitted to practice in the US with excellent academic qualifications
- You gained at least 5 years of post-qualification experience in a law firm and/or in-house, in software or cloud business
This position can be based close to any Siemens office location in the US. We are open to an entirely remote role for the ideal candidate.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.