Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With innovative maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
The Siemens Mobility Customer Service business seeks to hire a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and dedicated Project Manager to manage the technical support services for a fleet of our Charger Locomotives and 3rd party coaches. The Project Manager leads the maintenance project through the execution phase and is responsible for fulfilling all requirements from the customer contract. The successful candidate will have managed projects in the same or similar industries and can lead a cross-functional team, reporting only indirectly to the Project Manager.
This role reports to the Project Director, who provides functional supervision and sets achievable targets. The incumbent will have broad autonomy to reach the result. The Project Manager is fully responsible for the results of the Service Project (Budget, Schedule, Quality.) The Project Manager always assumes the responsibility for EHS in the project.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Monitor profit and loss trends and outcomes of assigned project(s) by proactively managing changes in project scope, identifying potential problems, and devising contingency plans.
- Drive the project timeline for service mobilization, project landmarks, material delivery, and acceptance.
- Initiate strategic project activities for engineering and procurement and actions for service startups.
- Promote a Zero Harm culture through the development, implementation, review, and communication of EH&S Policies and Procedures at the local level.
- Drive modification planning (also comprises the requirements for material and staff for modifications and improvements).
- Prepare and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal and external partners.
- Track and optimize the defined critical metrics from the service contract throughout the project (reliability, availability, safety, etc.).
- Monitor the delivery of maintenance services and take appropriate actions to preserve contract performance. Verify that service-specific requirements are contained in the contracts with suppliers.
- Implement the legal or contractual requirements in the maintenance plant and ensure that the requirements for partners and suppliers are considered in the contracts.
- Release the customer documentation (e.g., maintenance documentation, spare parts catalog, special tools documentation.)
- Generate alignments by using standard functions and resources in the project, e.g.:
- procurement, change, and schedule management
- contract management, training, engineering
- cooperation in the commissioning/warranty phase, infrastructure (depot)
- Proven experience in Sales or Project Management with full responsibility for project results in cross-organizational projects.
- Sound knowledge of maintenance management and familiarity with the locomotive industry, equipment, technology, and regulatory obligations.
- PMP Certification or other project management methodology and terminology body of knowledge.
- Completed technical study in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Written and verbal German language skills are strongly preferred as you collaborate with international Project teams.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Join our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job may be based in Los Angeles, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Los Angeles, CA is $102,525 - $170,875 and the annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.