At Siemens we have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things.
Role of IT Architect (Solution Architect) and
Service Integrator - for Factory Digitization and Manufacturing Applications is
key in defining or managing solutions for digitizing Siemens Manufacturing or
Factory processes with SAP or non-SAP system applications solutions and for
integrating business or business managed 3rd party applications into
overall IT ecosystem
- Perform Solution Architect and Service Integrator role for Factory digitization by understanding Siemens application and tools utilized or marketed in PLM and Factory operational process automation and utilizing their capabilities to digitize Siemens factory operational business processes by interfacing these products, systems, and tools to broader eco system of SAP ERP and non-ERP systems used by Siemens Business Units in Americas.
- Candidate would utilize his/her in dept knowledge of Siemens proprietary solutions, manufacturing processes and applications by assuming a functional lead role in performing integration and delivery of solutions design supporting business processes digitization and automation journey.
- o Consults, collaborates, and guides configuration of process automation and digitization solutions provided as an “eco-system integration management service”. Collaborate with business or other IT units in reviewing the “Design to Operate (D2O)” business process and related down and upstream process for digitization and optimization case. He/she supports Siemens Factory digitization cases with or without utilization of Siemens products and applications e.g., SINUMERIK, PLCs, use of IoT (Mind sphere) capability etc. in mind or use of other 3rd party products and services. He/she supports optimized processes setup and integration with Siemens ERP and non-ERP applications within the eco-system maximizing productivity and efficiency. Candidate keeps end-to-end process view in mind, concepts of lean manufacturing or automation during consulting, coordinating design or operating managed services in alignment with IT departments and partners.
description of the primary accountabilities of the role
- He/she is engaged in process analysis and exploration activities, would help gather requirements for IT setup, suggesting process improvement / digitization models, creating / updating, digitization case preparation, help develop / update functional or technical specifications, supporting testing, coach, mentor, and guide other application team members to achieve agreed process optimization and digitization goads set by business.
- He/she will provide technical (functional) expertise for system integration to support new solutions or enhancements to both existing Siemens-specific setup or creating new application solutions or for integrations of new applications, business applications or services within ecosystem per governance framework and with agreed Service Level Agreements with business.
- He/she may develop, coordinate solution implementations, help build and define service models with providers, functionally coordinate configuration / customization of complex application systems based on Siemens norms, consult business, help flow chart end-to-end processes and propose optimization process models for IT setup or digitize business processes or enhance operational efficiencies of business processes.
- He/she help prepares optimization business case or digitization use case in alignment with the IT owners / Management team and seek business buy-in for the IT enhancements.
- Job position
with respect to overall department setup
- He/she will report to the chapter manager or designated IT manager for all personal development, growth, or any other personal matters.
- He/she works in an agile environment supporting multiple agile team and projects guiding the solution design for factory digitization case with their expertise.
- Will align the deliverables with respective service owners.
- Provides effort estimates when needed
- The role is an individual contributor role and does not have any direct reports.
- Overall responsibility — what will the person have to accomplish in this role
- He/she will be responsible for solutions and solution consulting offerings in domain area of Factory Digitization or digitization of Design to Operate processes
- He/she is responsible for solution evaluation, determining implementation effort estimates based on requirements and risk analysis for the provided solution.
- He/she is responsible for quality of system configuration development (where applicable), and documentation in factory digitization functional domain
- He/she is responsible for process controls within domain area per cyber security and IT system audit norms. He/she support implement mitigating action or audit finding where applicable in respective functional areas
- He/she provides solution delivery related inputs to service owners and IT management
- He/she provides guidance to the team regards to quality commitments to meet objective.
- He/she will lead or be part of the implementation team for digitization case in functional domain area or Project Manage delivery of assigned initiatives per agreed plan and budget.
- Additional objectives of the position
- Work with key stakeholders to provide a holistic view of current solutions and opportunities. Share solution design with global teams.
- Ensures solutions provided are fully integrated and works effectively and efficiently together with Siemens process automation products, other SAP modules and non-SAP applications.
- Provides guidance to harmonize activities across Americas region using Siemens global template, procedures, and tools.
- Aligns for digitization initiatives with factories in Germany or other regions.
- Leverages or scales global digitization solutions and solutions within the region
- Provides expertise on Siemens design standards and norms for solution design and ensure implementations are adhering to norms and guidelines within region Americas
- Details on some specific job tasks and functions
- Develop digitization and process optimization solutions and provide forward looking recommendations to ensure we are utilizing resources effectively and efficiently to drive increased productivity for business and excellent customer service.
- IT solutions marketing within and outside the region, including presentation of concepts to key stakeholders and executives.
- Advocate the voice of the business customers in the service and portfolio innovation process
- Maintain awareness of trends and technologies and Siemens product knowledge in factory digitization and PLM space.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Outline of knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
- Batchelor in Computer Science, Technology Management, Data Analyst or equivalent field
- Over 15 years’ experience working in SAP or non-Sap application development preferably in manufacturing domain or for manufacturing processes, solutioning and application or solution integration.
- Amount of travel required with the position
- Define required knowledge, skills, or expertise
- Functional process knowledge in domain area of Design to Operate processes,
- Know-how of manufacturing or factory operations automation
- Other skills: Problem solving skills, Data Analysis, process digitization and application integration
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Below education, and experiences are preferred.
- Preferred education and focus
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Preferred experience
- Over 10 years’ experience working in functional consulting, process modeling area and knowledge of system integration with some major proprietary products e.g., Siemens PLC’s
- Preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise
- Candidate with additional manufacturing applications certification would be preferred
- Candidate with good analytical skills would be preferred.
- Candidate should have good English and Portuguese communication skills and should be able to fluently converse in English and Portuguese.
Diverse teams are better teams! If everyone thinks the same way, an innovation will not happen. Therefore, we seek talents from different backgrounds, genders, ages, races, sexual orientation and people with disabilities. At Siemens, the opportunities are for everyone.
Come build the future! Join our team!
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens Infraestrutura e Industria Ltda.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time