IoT Engineer Digital Solutions
Siemens ADVANTA is seeking an IoT engineer who is passionate about driving customer success with a strong technical background in engineering, business acumen and interpersonal skills. The person will be responsible for delivery activities around Digital and IOT solutions applicable to manufacturing industry vertical.
Siemens Advanta offers an unmatched industrial DNA paired with strong IoT expertise to drive sustainable growth in a digital world. From strategy to design to implementation – we support our customers globally to successfully re-invent their businesses. We offer highly consultative value-add Digital and IoT consulting and technical solutions to our customers regionally in the America’s. Therefore, your experience and knowledge in delivering a smart maintenance solution spanning IT/OT infrastructure and solution integration into a manufacturing maintenance process, and basic understanding of manufacturing machinery is required for this role. Basic understanding of manufacturing machinery functionality is a plus.
Applicants living in the Atlanta, GA area are preferred but not required; however, weekly travel to Atlanta will be required for this position.
- Siemens ADVANTA is looking for a solution engineer who has experience in both delivery and technical sales of Digital and IOT solutions in
- Basic operational understanding of a Manufacturing Operations Maintenance workstream in terms of maintenance processes (TPM 4.0, Planning and Scheduling, Work Order Creation/Close Out, etc)
- Advisor for early technical evaluation and feasibility in individual customer-projects during the early sales phase and along the bid process.
- Identify and translate individual technical customer requirements into a comprehensive solution architecture, starting from ideation to final solution design and implementation.
- Partner with Portfolio Lead meeting and visiting customers, understanding their challenges and demands, proposing solutions and technically consult and guide the sales process to drive business value and outcomes.
- Design and develop data acquisition tools from IoT related devices and protocols such as (MQTTModbus, BACNET, OPC, DNP3)
- Proactively identify and develop expertise in new technologies, methodologies, and techniques.
- Collaborate with other Data Engineers to continuously improve our capabilities to deliver and sustain our analytics solutions.
- Business and opportunity development including proposal and offer creation, including scope definition, effort estimation, proposal development, SOW creation and contract negotiation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years of Engineering experience in data and network architectures, visual data ingestion, stream / batch processing, analytics on enterprise-scale IoT projects
- Previous experience in creating dashboards or other customer-facing data visualization tools is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in IoT solution architecture and PoC / MVP(s) for large-scale enterprise-wide solutions
- Broad familiarity with cloud platforms, IoT solution and product-based architectures including analytics, compute infrastructure, cloud platforms, networking, communication protocols, sensors etc.
- Knowledge in the IoT space with a general understanding of communication protocols, data storage, cloud computing and big-data analytics.
- Knowledge and experience working with IoT protocols such MQTT, MODBUS, BACNET, OPC DNP3, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with IT networking requirements
- Consultative experience in overall Data Strategy, Governance, Management and Security is a plus
- Experience working in an agile or Scrum based environment.
- Proven analytical, planning and communication skills.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented and proven ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and take charge and drive a solution / goal to meet client expectations.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and functional constraints
Company: Siemens Advanta Solutions Corp.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.