Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire Project Manager - Rolling Stock to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
Create the future with us..
The Project Manager has full responsibility in the project’s Rolling Stock scope by establishing an action plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time. Ensuring follow-through of plan; Translating strategic priorities into operational reality and concrete actions, and implementing service practices that meet the customers’ and own organisation’s needs.
Reporting into the Project Director, the key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Conducts stakeholder analysis and manages efficient communication with all relevant stakeholders incl. different countries/regions, headquarter, customer, partners, suppliers as well as authorities and other interest groups.
- Communicates cross-organisational with internal contacts on opportunities for further improvements.
- Assesses contracts in a NCM, EPC or turnkey project and manages an overall project with onshore and offshore part according to the New Collaboration Model
- Leads project members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines
- Follows existing rules (e.g., tax regulations, arms lengths principle, delegation of employees, guarantees and export control)
- Sets necessary measures to ensure zero harm policy in environment, health and safety
What you need to make real what matters
- You are an experienced project manager with prior experience managing Rolling Stock scope.
- You have prior people management experience, either as direct reports, and within the projects.
- We’d love to see your PM@Siemens certifications, or a PMP certification, or equivalent education or experience.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and cross-organisational experience to influence people without authority.
- Tertiary education in an engineering discipline.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
We have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time