Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire 25 kV AC Traction Power Supply Design Engineer to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
Create a better tomorrow with us.
Acting as the rail traction power engineer you will be directly responsible for 25kV AC railway traction power system for a major mainline project in Sydney. You will be tasked with Rail electrification design works. These works include and not limited to Traction Power Supply System, High Voltage non traction reticulation system, Static Frequency Converters, Overhead Catenary system.
Overall Review of Design, engineering, and construction management of the power supply system. Construction supervision and Supervision of Integrated Testing and Commissioning.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop design of bulk power supply[132kV] and high voltage[33kV] non-traction reticulation system and of 25kV Traction Power Supply
- Provide expert electrical engineering services to complete projects against specified Key Performance Indicators (KPI), taking into account scope, quality and safety considerations and allocated budgets and timeframe to deliver valuable commercial outcome.
- Ensure each project team demonstrates professional integrity and good business approach to electrical engineering products delivered to meet operational requirements and deliver valuable commercial outcomes.
- Coordination with Utility for commercial Metering at the point of coupling. Protection studies.
- Lead and coach individuals and teams in delivering commercial advantage and outcomes through business improvements, technology development and innovation.
What you need to make real what matters
- Experience at the Quality Management System and Power Control System
- Experienced in AC Traction Power Supply design in rail electrification.
- Tertiary education in Electrical Engineering.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
If you want to learn, grow, and succeed in your career, we’d like to meet you!
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time