Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire Depot Workshop Design Engineer to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
Create a better tomorrow with us.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for executing design and engineering for depot workshop and its equipment as per maintenance requirements of rolling stock, customer’s requirements for Indian and international projects.
- Design and Selection of depot workshop equipment along with Coordination and monitoring of vendors
- Integration of depot workshop equipment into the depot (e.g., civil interfaces)
- Planning and supervision of factory tests, onsite installation, testing and commissioning of the equipment
- Training and support both internally and at other locations
- Expertise in depot workshop equipment along with Rolling stock technology, architectures & basic configurations, and maintenance needs.
Experience in Roling Stock maintenance (e.g. service technician) expected.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You are experienced Depot Design Engineer, and have worked in rolling stock commissioning, DLP or maintenance
- We’d love to see your degree in Electrical / Electronic/ Mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of accompanying processes like requirements and change management, configuration plan, versioning / document list, review procedures
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
Wanted: Designers of the future.
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time