Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire a BIM Coordinator to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
We make real what matters.
In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating BIM and Digital Engineering activities for the design and construction. You will adopt the Siemens Mobility (SMO) BIM Standard practices and work collaboratively across disciplines, taking responsibility for the implementation and coordination of BIM design deliverables to agreed quality, time and budget.
The key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Set up and maintain project templates and models to align with project structure, definition of BIM deliverables, data exchange formats and effective workflows
- Ensure the provided 3D Design Basis is complete, technically correct, and suitable to enable SMO Subsystems to produce Discipline Models.
- Key interface for Digital Engineering and integration of BIM activities
- Initiates the Task Team design process (CDE workflow)
- Federate models at regular intervals (Navisworks, Revizto)
- Reviews design documentation and coordinates conflicts (clash reports)
- Initiates and leads Design Reviews on Task Team level (model based)
- Confirms the design compliance and approves the deliverables to be issued for project shared level
- Manage data exchange between internal disciplines and all external partners
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- Extensive working experience on international large-scale projects, driving BIM deliverables for the project teams and client.
- Proven practical knowledge in managing Common Data Environments (BIM360, ProjectWise)
- Advanced experience in Clash Review software (Revizto, Navisworks), and associated BIM design and project delivery tools (Civil 3D, Revit)
- Basic coding knowledge will be an advantage. (Python, Dynamo, PowerBI)
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
Wanted: Designers of the future.
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time