Siemens Large Drive Applications (LDA), New Kensington is the leader in medium voltage and Mobile Mining Variable Frequency Drives technology. The Quality team at Siemens LDA ensures effective implementation of the design development, manufacture, test, and field support for VFD products with focus on product safety, quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction. Success in this role involves building positive relationships with the suppliers and all internal collaborators.Responsibilities
- Support production and customers by leading or supporting root cause analysis of failures impacting product operation and nonconformities.
- Work closely with Engineering, Purchasing and suppliers to establish new product qualification criteria and define, support, and implement supplier quality plans and first article inspections (FAI).
- Collaborate with Engineering and review requirements with suppliers to ensure technical requirements are clearly understood. Validate that any engineering deviations and substitutions are approved and detailed.
- Maintain and analyze supplier key performance indicators and cost of poor-quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external supplier failure costs.
- Drive supplier actions to verify product and process quality at the supplier’s location to reduce the need to incoming inspection activities.
- Maintain and Continuously Improve the factory through reduction of Nonconformance Costs.
- Conduct audits at supplier sites to qualify the supplier’s management system and manufacturing capabilities. Provide risk analysis and mitigation plans to address any gaps.
- Verify documentation, critical dimensions, and other characteristics of sophisticated parts at supplier's location using various precision measuring equipment, checklists, standards, procedures, and engineering documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement with management and lessons learned for product or supplier topics.
- BS in Engineering or related subject area. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- 2+ years of experience as a quality engineer with relevant experience. ASQ certification preferred.
- Experience in root cause / 8D analysis, report generation, and Fault Tree experience
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Proficient in reading and understanding mechanical/electrical drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Knowledge and experience in performing supplier quality system and process audits.
- Proficiency with quality management systems and standards
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical information with others at all organizations, suppliers, and customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10%.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.