Are you a self-motivated teammate with a bold approach?
Do you take initiative and approach your work with a play to win approach?
Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated transportation of people and goods by rail – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.
Siemens Mobility is redefining the way people travel through innovative solutions in technology in the real and digital worlds. We empower our customers to transform their industries and markets.
Your contributions will drive this mission. This Is Your Role
As a Commodity Management Professional for Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock you will serve as the primary procurement contact between local management, internal clients and the supply chain management organization. You will collaborate with key departments including Material Management, Quality Management, Engineering and Logistics. You will demonstrate sufficient understanding of the global supplier market in order to select the most suitable vendors who are able to deliver high quality products at driven pricing. We will rely on your outstanding negotiation skills to create value with regards to key metrics such as cost, lead-time and quality. In this role, you will drive performance with suppliers, collaborate with internal teams and make your mark within a team that is passionate about winning, succeeding and making an impact.Responsibilities
- Main contact / interface within procurement and to your supply base for all inquiries in proposal and execution phase for assigned commodities
- Execute commercial evaluation of proposals. Conduct negotiations and contract documents that include price, scope, schedule, contractual terms and conditions and other as applicable (for example, special requirements due to manufacturing location restrictions, government project requirements, etc.).
- Lead supplier technical reviews with Engineering and Quality. Drive clarifications and provide innovative solutions to tackle highly sophisticated supply/supplier problems.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Project Procurement Management (PPM), Engineering, Quality, Global Sourcing Team, and others as vital to strategize the best decision / outcome for Siemens.
- Coordinate and lead local or regional focus teams to achieve optimum conditions and savings through collaborative cross-divisional sourcing targeted activities.
- Define, adapt, and implement commodity strategies based on demand, market intelligence and supplier analysis to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of material and services.
- Identify procurement risks, opportunities, and market forces to avoid business exposure and exploit potential opportunities.
- Handle supply base through supplier selection, qualification, development, and regular performance evaluations, to development the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain
- Strategically develop and implement the digitalization roadmap of the category by driving or supporting the digitalization activities across assigned commodities (e.g. market platforms, improved applications, process automation)
- Identify and drive exciting solutions to influence the market as well as implement new or modified market sourcing strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant area a plus
- 3+ years of related experience in procurement, project management or engineering with an international organization
- Proven knowledge in Supply Chain Management, Strategic Sourcing, Commodity Management, Procurement Market Analysis, commercial terms and conditions, and high mix low volume production.
- Highly refined negotiating skills. Detailed track record of successfully negotiating complex, high dollar contracts for products or services.
- Demonstrated track record of being entrepreneurial, proactive, self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile.
- Plan, prioritize and analyze data to build recommendations on sourcing strategies with implications for vendor selection, through Total Cost of Ownership analysis.
- Ability to present specific content accurately to respective target groups (senior and executive management)
- Full understanding of early involvement levers (E-Auction, GVS sourcing, bundling, etc.).
- Ability to perform within international industry.
- Sophisticated leadership and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all interpersonal levels.
- Ability to travel domestic/international.
- Ability to read and comprehend Engineering specifications and drawings.
- Conduct should cost analysis
- Experience with Build to Print fabrication requirements
- Foreign languages (German, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Solid experience in advanced negotiation concepts (e.g. eAuction)
- Software/Application experiences ( SAP ERP, Excel, Word etc.)
- International and inter-cultural professional experiences
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $102,525 - $170,875 and the annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.