Siemens is a global leader in electrical engineering and electronics. By uniting leading-edge technology and the expertise of talented people, Siemens is able to bring to market the most comprehensive range of new insights and innovations for Rail Vehicles. Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock focuses on the design, systems integration and manufacturing of light rail vehicles, locomotives and passenger coaches.Overview:
Siemens Mobility, Inc. Rolling Stock is seeking a professional Director Commercial Project Manager with a solid track record of leading international sophisticated projects.
The Director Commercial Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of a Trainset project circa $750+M in value and durations from 5-8 years. The Director Commercial Project Manager is responsible for commercial project execution during phases including planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance. Duties include liaising with operational departments to ensure Order Income Calculation is achieved, while meeting goals for customer satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality. Another key role is to be fulfilling the role of World Project Controller to ensure financial compliance across the New Collaboration Model (NCM). The Director Commercial Project Manager is the supporting function to the Project Manager for all aspects of the project. This position reports to the Director, FBA, CRC.Responsibilities:
- Profit & loss for assigned projects.
- Proactively handle changes in project scope, identify potential problems, and devise contingency plans from a cost perspective.
- Supervise and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Support PM with development and delivery of monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external customers.
- Coach, mentor, empower and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Support with identifying and resolving issues/conflicts within the project team.
- Support customer sales channel activities
- Required education: College diploma or equivalent experience required. PMI Certification.
- Required experience: 10+ years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects.
- Some travel required
- Excellent commercial, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- Preferred education: Bachelor degree in accounting/finance.
- Preferred past experience: 3 to 5 years of experience related to the rolling stock industry is preferred.
- Other preferences:
- Experience in controlling and accounting, contracts and claims experience with rail vehicle commercial project management preferred.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $123,000 - $205,000 and the annual incentive target is 15% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.