Siemens Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries, is a leading global provider of software solutions to drive the digital transformation of industry, creating new opportunities for manufacturers to realize innovation.
We are looking for a Senior IT Quality Assurance Analyst to join our scrum team in building our next generation global online store platform.
If you are passionate about quality and enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment, we’d love to talk to you.
General Summary of the Position
Design and execute test cases to validate functionality being created during agile sprints. Improve test specifications by analysing the root causes of technical issues and develop testing solutions for those root causes.
Create and apply new approaches as necessary to improve the productivity and efficiency of testing. Acquire customer inputs for project testing purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in scrum development team to ensure continuous quality of deliverables in each sprint
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for user stories
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, coordinate and conduct testing activities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to elevate business strategies into the users' online experience
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system
- Work with development team to clearly communicate defects and steps to reproduce for rapid resolution
- Write test code for automated testing tools in various languages
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
- +5 years of experience in software quality assurance including functional test automation of web applications from a user experience perspective
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Experience using an agile approach to software development
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
Must be able to write a test approach/strategy
- Experience in software usability principles and interface and functional design
- Strong focus on user experience and simple design solutions
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Strong understanding of web application testing, including cross-browser concerns and responsive design
- Collaborate well with developers to advocate the user’s perspective
- Understand software internals, debug problems using log files
- Strong understanding of customer usage models for e-commerce and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
Strong analytical skills, technical aptitude, & written/verbal communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Experience writing Selenium WebDriver tests and executing them in multiple browsers and on multiple platforms is strongly preferred.
- Experience writing BDD Cucumber and/or JMeter test code in Java for test automation
- Experience supporting developers in writing functional test automation code
- Experience validating quality of stories in two-week development sprints
- Programming ability sufficient to write functional test code in automation testing tools
- Write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools
- Experience in Salesforce / CPQ
- Experience in B2B E-commerce domain
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here.
We offer great benefits s, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time