Do you carry a passion about sustainable transportation and are you an Engineer ready for new opportunities? Then you might be the one we are looking for, as we now have an open position as Overhead Catenary Design Engineer in our highly specialised and dedicated engineering team in the Rail Electrification Group of Siemens Mobility, Denmark.
At Siemens Mobility, we deliver transport and logistic solutions to ensure a reliable and sustainable infrastructure. Solutions that can handle the challenges from increasing traffic in larger cities and airports as a consequence of rising urbanization. We employ a large number of specialists working with solutions to the Danish transport sector as well as projects aboard. Sounds interesting, right? You can read more about our journey towards sustainable transportation here.
Right now, we are looking for an Overhead Catenary Design Engineer to be part of a key organization within Siemens Mobility; our Rail Electrification Group. In Rail Electrification, we span across power systems, overhead catenary systems and ensure reliability, availability, maintainability and safety on railway systems.
You will join the Overhead Contact System (OCS) Team which is an international engineering group supporting all rail projects within Siemens Mobility. The OCS team consist of engineers skilled in catenary design, support during execution, commissioning, as-build documentation, and quality assurance of rail electrification projects.
- Basic and detailed designing of Overhead Contact Line (OCL) including:
- OCL layout design
- Construction design preparation for installation
- Design analysis
- Cantilever and dropper calculations
- Review of technical documentation and drawings
- Design and dimensioning of OCL supporting steel structures
- OCS principle development
- Coordinate and drive successful deliveries of design documentation
- Maintain good and trustworthy collaboration with client, consortium partner, and Design Engineer colleagues from Siemens Mobility, Germany.
- You hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in structural, mechanical or electromechanical engineering and knowledge within the railway environment is preferable
- You have solid engineering knowledge and can deal with complex design/engineering challenges
- You are skilled in CAD software (Autodesk or/and MicroStation), MS Office. Extensive Excel or/and Access knowledge and structural tools will be an advantage
- You are a strong communicator in English, both orally and in writing. Basic communication skills in Danish is considered an advantage
- Knowledge in Overhead Catenary Systems and the Danish railway standards is desirable
Siemens Mobility Denmark is an open and dynamic workplace where employee development is high on the agenda. We have interesting career possibilities in an international work environment with lots of interesting challenges. Our success is based on our skilled and innovative employees, using their curiosity and high professional competences to create new knowledge and participate in answering some of the toughest questions in the world. Meet your future colleagues here.
We prioritize accountability for the health and well-being of our employees, and offer many employee benefits such as training facilities, company clubs and a stock program. In addition, we have favorable pension conditions with health insurance for you and your family. We work with work-life balance to create mutual and flexible working conditions, where you can also work from home a few days a week. Otherwise, you can look forward to working from our open and bright offices in Ballerup and Kalvebod Brygge, Copenhagen.
What else do you need to know?
We recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Rail. Think this is you?
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter as soon as possible, as we are continuously processing applications. Interviews will be held after the 31st of December due to holiday. For further information, please contact Project Manager Tomas Urbonas at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition Partner Sofie Sleiborg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility A/S
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time