Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE), part of Siemens Digital Industries, is the leading provider of Advanced Process Modelling software, services, and solutions to the process industries. We help our customers to develop and operate sustainable processes by applying digital twins based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster, and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing about 280+ employees worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved through substantial R&D spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its products and related business development activities.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence, flexibility and to contribute to new ideas. We foster a teamwork culture with great opportunities for personal and professional development to grow your career.
About the role
Support all DevOps operations across the group in multiple locations (i.e., CI/CD systems network infrastructure, security, and more) in line with the DevOps/IT strategy:
• CI/CD such as Jenkins
• Infrastructure as code such as Terraform and Ansible
- Maintain and update DevOps/IT procedures and systems in line with Siemens policy
- Design, introduce and maintain standards and processes that are compliant with our security requirements and regulatory obligations
- Ensuring that systems are documented and kept up to date
- Manage internal and external end-user expectations and communicate well about any changes and/or processes
- Be an advocate for DevOps best practice across the organisation
- Mentoring new and existing team members
Area of responsibility
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in managing and maintaining large-scale, highly available business-critical systems within private clouds,
- Exposure to public cloud administration is desirable,
- Experience managing various system environments, including
• IT infrastructure (servers, storage, network, etc.)
• general system administration (AD, GP, DNS, etc.)
• development and maintenance of complex system workflows
• information security and system hardening
• operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- Must be fully able to build, configure, manage, and support several applications in a mixed server operating environment (Linux and Windows)
- Experience of transition, migration, and integration of environments (from an acquisition)
- Ability to think strategically in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond rationally to changing priorities in a deadline-driven situation,
- Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously,
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain projects or issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally,
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative,
- Driven to learn new skills, and processes and effectively implement these into the delivery stream
- CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-code technologies (e.g., Terraform and Ansible)
- DevOps tooling such as Ansible, GIT/SVN repositories, Jenkins, etc.
- Commercial experience in deploying and operating infrastructure (network, servers, services) and applications on AWS and other cloud environments
- GitHub/Gitlab for source control and code reviews as part of the build and deployment cycle
- Experience with Containerization and Kubernetes and Docker
- Pipeline development and Data administration
- Technical knowledge of virtualisation solutions (e.g., VMWare & OpenStack)
- IT compliance, risk management, and information security
- Scripting experience with Bash, PowerShell
- Automation experience
- Understanding of ITIL
- Excellent communication and documentation skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Grafana
- Experience with Systems Architecture beneficial
- Demonstrable commercial experience
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens means great work life balance and flexibility – whether that is full time in the office, hybrid or fully remote. We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We look for the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality and provide all the comfort and benefits employees need to achieve those goals.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Process Systems Engineering Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time