IT Senior Systems Administrator
Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE), part of Siemens Digital Industries, is the leading provider of Advanced Process Modelling software, services, and solutions to the process industries. We help our customers to develop and operate sustainable processes by applying digital twins based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster, and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing about 280+ employees worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved through substantial R&D spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its products and related business development activities.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence, flexibility and to contribute to new ideas. We foster a teamwork culture with great opportunities for personal and professional development to grow your career.
About the role
- Support all IT operations across the groups multiple locations (i.e., network infrastructure, security, policy management, office 365 and more) in line with the IT strategy
- Supporting DevOps infrastructure
- Maintain and update IT procedures and systems in line with Siemen’s policy
- IT Project work (implementation of infrastructure and supporting elements)
- Design, introducing and maintaining standards and processes that are compliant with our security requirements and regulatory obligations
- Ensuring that systems are documented and kept current
- Owning server and platform standards and working with key technical colleagues to ensure we have a stable, secure, and current environment
- Manage end user expectations and communicate well about any changes and/or processes
Area of responsibility
- Extensive working technical knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining network and security infrastructure (e.g., Firewalls, switches, security solutions etc.)
- Extensive working technical knowledge and experience managing and maintaining large-scale, highly available business-critical systems within a VMWare estate (Openstack also desirable)
- Experience of Microsoft, Amazon (AWS), and comparable cloud services desirable.
- Experience with solution design, implementation, and management
- Experience of datacentre infrastructure SAN’s, Hyper-converged systems, Cisco & HP/Aruba networking, DRaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Ability to think strategically in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond rationally to changing priorities in a deadline-driven situation
- Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several workstreams simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain projects or issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Ready to work in technologies outside of your core skill set
- Experience of designing & managing servers, virtualisation, networking, SAN, security systems, and other infrastructure technologies
- Designing and implementing networks into public cloud such as AWS and Azure
- Technical knowledge of networking solutions (e.g., Cisco, HPE/Aruba, etc.)
- Technical knowledge of virtualisation solutions (e.g., VMWare)
- DR and business continuity management experience
- Experience of Microsoft and Linux operating system (desirable)
- IT compliance, risk management, and information security
- Understanding of ITIL
- Vendor related certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, other)
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens means great work life balance and flexibility – whether that is full time in the office, hybrid or fully remote. We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We look for the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality and provide all the comfort and benefits employees need to achieve those goals.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Process Systems Engineering Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time