Siemens Mobility has been a leading supplier of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, automation, electrification solutions, turnkey systems, and related services. We have always been innovative in making traveling faster, safer, and more comfortable. Today, we need answers to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always one step ahead. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Our Rail Infrastructure group is adding to our team and seeking to hire its next RAMS Manager to lead CBTC application projects through RAMS planning over requirement clarification, monitoring design, software and hardware modifications, corrections, factory, and field test monitoring, cut-over safety analysis, and safety case to independent safety evaluations.What your day-to-day looks like:
- Prepare and implement project safety plans aligned with our standards and practices. Ensure that vital documents (hazard analyses, fault tree analyses, safety cases, etc.) are available for approvals
- Give evidence of compliance with system requirements concerning reliability, availability, maintainability, and safety using customer requirements and regulatory guidelines
- Perform RAM and Safety Analyses, FMEA, and FTA to identify faults within the systems and operations
- Support project execution by coordinating safety activities with the Project Manager, Systems Engineers, Independent Safety Assessors, Suppliers, and Customers
- BSc. / MSc. In Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, or a similar field.
- 5-10 years of experience as a RAMS engineer or RAMS manager for sophisticated and safety-critical Railroad, Nuclear Plant, Aerospace, and Automotive systems
- Minimum of 5 years on the job experience with the following techniques: FMECA, FTA, PHA, Hazard Logs
- Hands-on knowledge of CBTC Systems and CENELEC standards (EN50126, EN50128, and EN50129)
- Experience with Interface Hazard Analysis (EN50159)
- Experience with managing Safety Related Application Conditions or Safety Application Rules
- RAMS experience with the following: CBTC, Signaling, CBTC-Signaling interface, CBTC-RS interface
- Collaboration and management skills
- Experience in writing and reviewing technical reports
- Customer interaction
- RAMS relevant standards (IEEE-1483, IEEE-1474, MIL-882, IEC-61508, MIL-217)
- Railroad operational experience
- Critical thinking
- Different management styles
- Working in an international environment - fluency in French or Spanish is preferred
- Relationship with legal authorities
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, meaningful, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in New York City, NY. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in New York City, NY is $125,400 - $209,000 and the annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.