Construction Manager – Smart Buildings/Performance Contracting
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position requires the coordination and delivery of multiple, simultaneous performance contracting projects of various complexities. The Construction Manager has fiscal responsibility for all project facets, including project billing, job cost reporting, and overall customer satisfaction. The right candidate will supervise, direct, and motivate the project team during the planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty phases of assigned projects.
- Participate in pre-bid reviews and Sales-to-Operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Assist with project development including leading site walks with subcontractors, reviewing bids for accuracy and compliance to bid documents, and identifying areas of risk.
- Manage the development of project plans in advance of project activity to ensure effective execution by the project team and the subcontractors. Monitor compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Develop and maintain the project risk register and coordinate risk mitigation actions.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilize financial and monthly forecasts to manage and contain costs. Develop a cost-control plan with team members to monitor, manage, and control costs.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of progress billings; pursue timely payments from the customer and authorize payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare subcontractor scopes of work.
- Work with procurement team to develop procurement plan for each project. Obtain subcontractor bids and proposals, evaluate subcontractor proposals with the development team members, and select reliable subcontractors to provide electrical, plumbing, lighting, mechanical, specialized construction, or other services.
- With procurement team support, lead negotiations with subcontractors and equipment vendors.
- Develop, track, and manage project schedules.
- Develop safety and quality plans for assigned projects.
- Manage submittals, change orders, and requests for information.
- Manage subcontractor installations.
- Document all meetings with customers and contractors; prepare meeting agendas and minutes.
- Ensure all permits and licenses are secured for each assigned project.
- Manage daily site activities including safety recording and daily logs.
- Coordinate with Performance Assurance team to ensure all Measurement and Verification (M&V) activities are scheduled.
- Participate in customer presentations.
- Coordinate resources to complete successful start–up and commissioning of the systems to the end user.
- Participate in job site final walk-thru and manage the completion of all close-out documentation such as as-built drawings, system operating instructions, project records, and final billings, collections, and payments; transfer or return excess materials.
- Manage, collaborate with, and give direction to internal Project Managers, Schedulers, and Commercial Project Managers on individual projects.
- Travel up to XX%.
- Associate degree; Bachelor of Construction Management, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree, or equivalent experience preferred
- PMP certification
- OSHA 30 certification
- Successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge; 10+ years preferred
- Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations
- Excellent contracting skills and an understanding of job financial reports with the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
- Central plant and distributed energy experience
- Strong leadership and listening skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company smart phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.