Siemens Financial Services, Inc (SFS) Equity business is seeking entrepreneurial investors who will be responsible for deal sourcing, due diligence, and investment execution as part of the new Negative Emissions Technology (NET) investment team.
Bring your passion for building something new! Be part of a team responsible for driving investments in technology companies helping to accelerate the pathway to reaching global net zero targets, while delivering value within the broader Siemens and SFS decarbonization journey.
You will generate pipeline leads, build term sheets, manage investment negotiations, and draft and present investment documents summarizing the business rationale and key due diligence findings.
As this is a newly developing team, you will also be involved with elements of Business Development and Program Management involvement while also demonstrating early value creation to help portfolio companies leverage the Siemens ecosystem to accelerate their growth.
We need you to have demonstrated skills for industry research, deal origination in start-up ecosystem, valuation analysis, investment structuring and relationship building as evidenced by prior professional experience in venture capital and/or transaction advisory / principal investing in the renewable energy and cleantech sector.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Interact with entrepreneurs, investors, and investment partnerships to generate and manage deal pipeline
- Act as a subject matter expert on both deal structuring and NET technologies
- Assess opportunities and risks in potential investments
- Lead due diligence and transaction execution
- Conduct financial assessment of new investment opportunities
- Representation of the deal team at industry and stakeholder events
- Manage the assets after closing to drive value creation and scaling of these companies
- Collaborate with internal Siemens teams to identify emerging use-cases, create awareness of portfolio company offerings, and align joint roadmap
As a Senior NET Originations Manager, you will need 8 years of experience developing, leading, negotiating, and driving corporate and/or business transactions
As a NET Originations Manager, you will need 5 years of experience developing, leading, negotiating, and driving corporate and/or business transactions
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or related field
- Profound technical understanding (carbon capture / chemistry a plus)
- Prior role in venture capital, private equity, corporate development, or investment banking
- MBA or other relevant advanced qualifications
- 5 years of demonstrated ability in corporate development, investment banking, or transaction advisory, or principal investor in a financial services environment
- Experience in business development or product management engaging with venture and growth-stage companies, as well as project finance transactions
- Desire to build something new and ability to work independently toward stated goals with minimal oversight
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.