>>Prefer someone local to Chicago, but will consider Remote Siemens Employees possessing the appropriate technical knowledge<<
Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Technical Training Instructor for Smart Infrastructure (SI) is responsible for delivering high quality solutions/service training for Specialists, Field Technicians, Field Engineers and/or customers. You will function as an expert in providing technical support in the delivery of training programs to meet the skill competencies of the learners. In this role, you are responsible for delivering learning solutions in both classroom and electronic environments assisting internal employees and external customers to achieve specific learning objectives. You will report to the SI Academy Manager who reports to the Director of SI Academy.
- Required to travel to Branch and Customer facilities to deliver training course instruction of Siemens Building Automation products and courseware
- Test product functionality in course training exercises for revised course materials to accommodate new software and hardware functionality
- Maintains expertise on knowledge of service strategies, design engineering, installation, startup and troubleshooting techniques
- Tests usability, product functionality and becomes a company expert on new products.
- Setup and pack up equipment for courses of instruction. Need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reporting, tracking and completing preventative and corrective maintenance on assigned training equipment
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Technical Degree or equivalent HVAC experience with 3-5 years of field service is desired
- Previous Siemens filed experience in the following roles (Systems or Service Specialist, Engineer, Project Manager) or successful experience in a comparable training role
- Military experience as a Master Training Specialist or working with complex systems highly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional techniques and course development utilizing a wide range of media and learning strategies
- Strong platform skills and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels
- Up to 70% travel requirement for this role
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in Building Automation Systems installation and servicing of HVAC controls
- Knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital control systems and ability to test and write modifications to system software
- Ability to write, test and modify Siemens primary and secondary controller programming
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.